Saturday, July 30, 2011

22nd July 2011: The Gap - Fraser's Hill

Much the same routine as yesterday, with a dawn start at the Lower Gate.

Today I was fortunate to get great views of Marbled Wren-babbler in a somewhat exposed area just below the road, and managed a few reasonable pics.









These are just great birds, though why they are called wren-babblers I can't quite work out - they look more like laughingthrushes to me!

The same fruitless result waiting for Ferruginous Partridges (one heard calling), but this was somewhat compensated for by the brief appearance of a Rail-babbler!





Rain rather curtailed activities in the afternoon!

5 comments:

Ron-Nature Adventures said...

Hi Dave,

Looks like you had a great trip.

Rgds
Ronnie

John Holmes said...

Both babblers are fabulous... great to see them. I must get back to Fraser's Hill.

Ayuwat Jearwattanakanok said...

Almost couldn't believe my eyes seeing those fabulous shots of the wren-babbler! The second one is just stunning! I really wish to see this bird once...

Choy Wai Mun said...

Awesome shots of the Marbled and the Rail. I wonder how we would react if we had bumped into each other so far from home!

Thaibirder said...

I love the shots of the Wren Babbler! Simply stunning! What wonders of creation!
Did you use a blind this time?