Tuesday, February 03, 2009

29th January 2009: Fraser's Hill

First thing I had another go at photographing Siberian Thrushes - unsuccessful! This was partly compensated for by a single lucky shot of a Black Laughingthrush.






















Plus bee! I just can't get over the colour of that bill!



And a brief but photographically satisfying encounter with a Red-headed Trogon.

Things continued to get better with my first sighting of a Cutia - now Himalayan Cutia - for about 19 years!





The female was a little reticent.









But the male was stunningly obliging!





Despite a deterioration in the weather in the afternoon, I managed these shots of a Chestnut-backed Scimitar0Babbler.



And this Grey Wagtail was the only fruit of my frequent searches for roadside thrushes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing shot of the cutia!

Jason Bugay Reyes said...

Wah nice la this Cutia hahaha