Tuesday, July 29, 2008

27th July 2008: Sungai Relau, Taman Negara

Our last morning started with rain, but fortunately it had stopped by about 7 o'clock.


The distinctive bell-like notes of a group of Black Magpies was soon heard, followed by their equally distinctive flight silhouette.


They were extremely wary and difficult to see well.


A singing Black-throated Babbler was much more obliging.


What a cracker!


I crept into the forest after what I thought was a calling Rail Babbler, and was quite surprised when this Garnet Pitta popped up onto a branch. Again, getting a clear shot was a big challenge.


I was really thrilled when this Black-and-White Bulbul showed up after a lengthy stake-out at a fruiting tree. My only previous encounter with one gave only flight views. I think this may be a female.


This female Green Broadbill was strongly territorial, chasing away all other birds from its preferred patch of fruit.


The last in my series of blurry flight shots! A Raffles' Malkoha overhead.



Another new dragonfly for me - Agrionoptera insignis.

No comments: