Wednesday, June 25, 2008

22nd June Bukit Larut, Taiping

Just a few hours this morning before we had to head back down, so I got up before dawn to station my hide where I could overlook a stretch of road where I had seen the Malayan Hill Partridge yesterday.


Partridges were conspicuously absent, but I was kept company by a Rufous-browed Flycatcher that came down to the road regularly to feed.


This mossy boulder was his look-out post.



A Pygmy Wren Babbler must have worked its way all round me, 'singing' its squeaky pump song, but remaining out of view almost the whole time. It finally popped up on the opposite side of the road.



Still singing!



After I had packed up my hide, a aChestnut-backed Scimitar Babbler started calling nearby, but it was even more difficult to entice into the open!

Needless to say, on my way back to pack, I found that a partridge had been seen crossing the road twice further down! Never mind, next time...!

No comments: