Monday, February 09, 2009

9th February 2009: Gelugor coast, Penang Island

Recently I snapped up a Nikon CP8400 which was reduced to half price to clear stock. I've been waiting to try it out, and this afternoon took it down to the shore for an hour or so's digiscoping.

Here are some of the results.




































































This Little Egret was about 150 metres away I would guess. In the late afternoon sun, it was quite a challenge to get the exposure right on the white plumage.



I resisted hitting the delete button on this one. I like the sense of movement captured by the slow shutter speed.



This Little/Striated Heron wouldn't turn to give me a decent profile shot, but I was happy with the sharpness of the capture. I should be ready for those spring-plumaged waders when they arrive!

Equipment: Kowa 884 + Nikon CP8400, Kowa adaptors and shutter release cable.

No comments: