Friday, August 20, 2010

15th August 2010: Teluk Air Tawar coast and Kg Permatang Nibong

I was back at the roost site in good time for the high tide today, but, to cut a long story short, the waders didn't show up! That was interesting, because it means that yesterday they roosted on the bund simply because they had to - they'd flown there expecting the fishpond to be available, and when it wasn't, they'd been forced to use the bund. However, given the choice, I know they'd prefer a better roost site, and they obviously found one today.

I checked all the other previous roost sites I knew of, and all were empty, which means the birds have another site which I haven't found yet - so back to square one!

I then went to Kampung Permatang Nibong, to check out the place for a mystery duck which has been seen there a couple of times. No luck with that or the openbills, but there were lots of Cinnamon Bitterns flying around - males chasing females in what is presumably part of a courtship ritual.















I also tried to get some shots of Germain's Swiftlets...





















No comments: